Ask Us A Question:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. What is your policy for cancelling a booking etc
- A. Answer: All cancellations must be submitted in writing or by email to the relevant branch. Cancellation notifications sent outside normal working hours (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) shall be deemed sent at the date and time they are opened on the next working day. When notification is more than 72 hrs prior to the commencement of the vehicle rental a refund less 30% will be made. When notification is less than 72hrs but more than 24hrs a refund less 60% will be made. Notification less than 24hrs or failure to show will result in no refund given. Britannia Lanes Self Drive will not refund any unused rental days.
- Q. Do you get your deposit back on return of vehicle?
- A. Answer: Yes the deposit is refunded on return of the vehicle and the vehicle inspection has been completed satisfactory by a member of our staff. All clients must produce a valid credit, switch or debit card in the name of the hirer or driver and be present at the time of collection of the rental vehicle. The deposit for a small, panel or Luton vehicle is £150. The deposit for a 7.5 ton vehicle is £200.00 The deposit for a Minibus is £250.00. A cheque is not accepted for the deposit payment.
- Q. I am looking at hiring a Luton van this Friday, I wondered whether it is possible to leave a vehicle parked at your Truro premises from Friday afternoon to Monday morning this coming weekend? We live about 45 minutes from Truro in the wrong direction to which we will be travelling with the van. Also, I presume you can drive a Luton with a regular license?
- A. Answer: We do provide customer parking at our Truro branch and a Luton van can be driven on a standard full driving licence.